Science Essay Contest: High School
+ Deadline is January 20, 2023
- The SACP High School Essay Contest is open to all students in grades 10 through 12.
- All information requested on the entry form must be included.
- The essay should have no more than 2500 characters. The essay is to be in prose (no poetry please), and be the independent work of the student. Any essay containing plagiarized material will result in rejection of the essay.
- Student essays must be submitted by a faculty member of the student’s school.
- No individual school may submit more than two essays in the high school contest.
- Failure to comply with these instructions may result in a scoring penalty or rejection of the essay.
If you were a policy advisor to the President of the United States, what recommendations would you make concerning alternative energy sources? Be sure to include scientific background regarding your suggestions. Cite all references in MLA format.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
+ Content (40%)
+ Creativity (20%)
+ Composition (30%)
+ Following Directions (10%)
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $200
Honorable Mentions (10 each): $100