Science Essay Contest: Middle School
+ Deadline is January 20, 2023
- The SACP Middle School Essay Contest is open to all students in grades 7 through 9.
- Supply all information requested on the front of this form.
- The essay should have no more than 2500 characters. The essay is to be in prose (no poetry please), and be the independent work of the student. Any essay containing plagiarized material will result in rejection of the essay.
- Student essays must be submitted by a faculty member of the student’s school.
- No individual school may submit more than two essays in the middle school contest.
- Failure to comply with these instructions may result in a scoring penalty or rejection of the essay.
Describe a situation where you used scientific knowledge to help resolve a problem, or a situation that needed attention. Be creative with your answer. Cite all references in MLA format.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
+ Content (40%)
+ Creativity (20%)
+ Composition (30%)
+ Following Directions (10%)
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $100
Honorable Mentions (10 each): $50