Science Essay Contest: Middle School
+ Deadline is January 19, 2024
- The SACP Middle School Essay Contest is open to all students in grades 7 through 9.
- Supply all information requested on the front of this form.
- The essay should have no more than 2500 characters. The essay is to be in prose (no poetry please), and be the independent work of the student. Any essay containing plagiarized material will result in rejection of the essay.
- Student essays must be submitted by a faculty member of the student’s school.
- No individual school may submit more than two essays in the middle school contest.
- Failure to comply with these instructions may result in a scoring penalty or rejection of the essay.
Select ONE topic for submission. Cite all references in MLA format.
1) How has technology impacted recent developments in science? Provide two examples of current developments and explain why they are interesting to you.
2) What will transportation look like in 30 years? Explain why changes are likely to happen and describe the benefits of the changes.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
+ Content (40%)
+ Creativity (20%)
+ Composition (30%)
+ Following Directions (10%)
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $100
Honorable Mentions (10 each): $50