High School Equipment Grants (HSEG)
+ Deadline is January 17, 2023
Spectroscopy generally deals with light and color interference and diffraction phenomena, line spectra, spectrophotometry and chemical analysis. The High School Equipment grant is to help foster the study of spectroscopy in high schools.
Teachers of biology, chemistry, physics, and general science. Public, private or home schools must be located in the active SSP membership area, which now includes all of PA, OH, WV, NY, NJ, DE, and MD.
- The total cost of all items requested in a given year must not exceed $2,000.
- Do not request more than five individual items. Multiple quantities of a single item, e.g., 10 thermometers, count as one individual item.
- Do not use more than one vendor in your request. The preferred vendor is NASCO, and items can be located in their online catalog at www.enasco.com. We also work with these vendors: Frey Scientific (www.freyscientific.com), Vernier Software and Technology (www.vernier.com), Ward’s Science (www.wardsci.com), ThermoFisher Scientific (www.thermofisher.com), Apple (www.apple.com), Flinn Scientific (www.flinnsci.com).
- Funding will be based on the number of applications received and available funds.
- No single school, except under extraordinary circumstances, shall receive more than one award in each two-year period. Schools receiving awards this school year will be eligible again in 2024/2025.
- The items requested in a funded proposal will be purchased by the SACP and shipped directly to the school address. Cash awards will not be given except in very special cases.