K-12 Innovation Grant
+ Deadline is February 15, 2022
+ Award winners will be selected and announced by the end of February 2022
+ The maximum funding available for each grant application is $2,000
The Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP) and The Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) proudly announce the K-12 Innovation Grant, new for the 2021-2022 school year. This new grant program is created with the intent to assist public and private K-12 schools in developing and supporting a unique science engagement activity, program, or outreach.
Grants will be awarded to schools that support our core mission of science outreach and education. This funding can be used to support a multitude of programming, project, or initiatives.
To be eligible for an award, schools must fall outside other society grant categories. Schools must fall within the SACP and SSP geographical boundaries of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, and New York.
The Society of Analytical Chemists (SACP) and The Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and the jointly sponsored Pittcon all aim to promote science education at all levels. The K-12 Innovation Grants are one aspect of the efforts of the Pittcon volunteers and the sponsoring societies to support science education.
Examples of Funded Items
- Computers to operate a scientific instrument is acceptable
- Purchase of science related materials (Foldscopes, science kits, etc.)
- Any items that have a direct impact on the science education and outreach mission
What Cannot Be Funded
- Technology-only proposal (ex. Computers for a classroom.)
- Pass-through donations to other individuals or organizations.
- Honoraria or cash awards for creating an endowment
- Salaries or benefits