Science Institution Grant Program
+ Deadline is March 31, 2023
The Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP) and The Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) proudly announce the Science Institution Grant Program. This grant program is created with the intent of helping community groups, clubs, organizations etc. in developing and supporting a science outreach program or activity.
Grants will be awarded to institutions that support our core mission of science outreach and education. This funding can be used to support a multitude of programming, projects, or initiatives.
The Society of Analytical Chemists (SACP) and The Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and the jointly sponsored Pittcon, all aim to promote science education at all levels. The Science Institution Grants are one aspect of the efforts of the Pittcon volunteers and the sponsoring societies to support science education.
Examples of Funded Items
- Computers to operate a scientific instrument is acceptable
- Purchase of science related materials (Foldscopes, science kits, etc.)
- Any items that have a direct impact on the science education and outreach mission
What Cannot Be Funded
- Technology-only proposal (ex. Computers for a classroom.)
- Pass-through donations to other individuals or organizations.
- Honoraria or cash awards for creating an endowment
- Salaries or benefits